Gionee recently announced the Elife S5.5 which is just 5.5mm thick and holds the current title of the World’s Slimmest phone. Gionne is set to launch this phone in India around the end of this month.
- 5 inch 441 ppi Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2 GB RAM with 16GB internal storage (not expandable)
- Powered by 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor
- 13 MP font camera with LED flash and a 5 MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm weighing 130 grams
- 2300 mAh battery
- Running Android 4.2 with Amigo 2.0
The Elife E5.5’s body according to Gionee is 90% glass and metal. The front and back of the device is covered with Gorilla Glass 3, and the sides are protected by a Magnesium Alloy case.
And don’t let the thinness of the phone fool you, since they’re packing a 1.7 GHZ Octa core processor in this phone. It’ll have enough punch to run your favorite apps and games. The flipside this is that you won’t be unable to add an additional memory card to increase storage.
The Elife 5.5 also boasts of the world’s first 95 degrees ultra-wide angle 5 megapixel camera for taking, wait for it, group selfies and full body selfies.
We expect the phone to be in the Rs. 23,000 – 26,000 price range. We’ll find more info on this closer to the launch.