Want to listen to some music but can’t decide what to listen to? Try out the Moodagent app for Android. This application auto-generates and plays music for you based on the mood you select on the sliders. If you want some “Happy” music, just side the Yellow Happy slider all the way to the top and slide the rest down. Mix and match these sliders to get a playlist to listen to.
When you start-up the Moodagent application for the first time, it syncs your music collection with the music profiles they have online. The music profiles for your collection are then downloaded to your phone, and this is used to create the playlists when you play with the sliders in the application. Anytime you add more music to your collection on the phone, the application re-syncs these profiles, or you can trigger a manual sync as well.
You also have control on playlists which are generated. If you long press a song, you get options to exclude the track and the artists from the playlists.
Here are the features supported by Moodagent:
- Automatically profiles your music based on emotion, mood, genre, sub-genre, style, tempo, beat, vocals, instruments and production features
- Instantly create mood-based playlists
- Create playlists based on seed track
- Save playlists
- Remove songs from playlist
- Share your mood and taste in music on Facebook and Twitter
- Renew the playlist within the slider settings
- Customise the desired length of playlist
- Lock tracks to the playlist to keep them in your generated playlists
- Exclude tracks or artists you don’t want to show up in your playlists
To download this application, search for Moodagent in Android Market app on your phone or scan the QR code above.
This app should work on any device running Android version 1.5 and up. A data connection though WiFi, Edge, or 3G Network required to receive profiles.
Learn more about this app from the publisher’s site at www.moodagent.com