Motorola has finally launched the much awaited Moto G here in India with an exclusive tie up with the online retailer Flipkart to sell the handsets here. The Moto G cost Rs. 12,499 for the 8GB version and 13,999 for the 16 GB version. The Indian version of the Moto G is a Dual SIM version, unlike the US variants which are single SIM.
- 1.2 GHz A7 Quad Core Processor with 1 GB RAM
- 4.5-inch Touchscreen
- Dual SIM
- Internal Memory: 8 GB or 16 GB depending on the variant.
- 5 MP Primary Camera and 1.3 MP Front Facing Camera.
- 2070 mAH battery, which Motorola claims should run your phone for an entire day.
- Launching with Android Jellybean with the promise of upgrade to Kitkat in the coming weeks.
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack
Since the phone doesn’t come with expandable storage via microSD card, I’d suggest that you go in for the 16 GB version, since the price difference is not too much. With the Moto G you can also activate 50GB extra storage space on Google Drive for 2 years for backing up some of the data from your phone.
Flipkart Launch Day Offer
Flipkart should start selling the Moto G from tomorrow (6th Feb) on their site. If you are planning on getting this, make sure you take up their special offer tomorrow. They’re offering 70% off on covers for the phone, Rs. 500 off on ebooks and Rs. 1000 of on clothing. They also have a draw where a lucky winner gets 100% cash back on the purchase (in store credits). Check out the deal and sign up for the notification if you’re interested in picking up the Moto G when it goes on sale tomorrow.