Nokia has launched the 5230 in India. For the launch, they had a live concert here in Bangalore at Garuda Mall last Sunday, where the band Swarathma played. You can see the pics of the event at the end of this post. Now more on the 5230.
The Nokia 5230, run on Symbian Series 60, 5th Edition, which also powers most other touch screen phones in the Nokia stable. This is Nokia’s first touch screen phone in India which is below Rs.10,000 price range. The market rate for this phone is 8499/- (depending on your area), making this an affordable touch screen phone.
The phone also features some colourful back covers making this a stylish phone, which you can change the colors to suite your mood. Some of the other key highlights of the phone are:
- Nokia intuitive touch User Interface
- widescreen 3.2”, 640 x 360 pixel screen
- Personalize your home screen
- Multiple input methods
- Optimize online experience via Ovi services
- Ovi Store get the contents based on your interest
- Capture the moment with 2 Mpix camera
- Integrated online sharing applications. i.e. Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, and more
- Discover new places with Nokia Maps 3.0
Enrich Music Experience
- Quick access to the media contents via ‘Media Bar’
- Home screen Music plug-in
- Enhanced Media Player
- Up to 33 hours music playback
- Enjoy your favorite headphone with 3.5mm AV connector
- Quick access to Ovi Music
- Manage music collection by Nokia Music for PC
What’s comes in the box?
The sales pack for the 5230 in India contains:
- Phone with stylus
- Battery BL 5J (1320 mAh)
- Charger AC – 8
- WH 102/hs-125
- User Guide
- 10 Track Music Voucher
For more information on the 5230, head over to the Nokia’s Product page for the 5230.
Photos from the 5230 Launch at Garuda Mall in Bangalore: