With the Yahoo! Messenger App for Android, users can:
- Easily message friends, check friends’ status updates and availability and update their personal status and availability
- Multitask and stay connected with the App working in the background; with push notifications, consumers can easily catch new messages and friend requests
- Full use of emoticons and rich text formatting
- Send photos to friends directly from the phone’s camera or the photo gallery
- Chat with MSN/Windows Live Messenger friends
- Receive push notification of new email messages
- Send emails to contacts from the Yahoo! Address Book as well as contacts in the native phone address book
- Search email messages by sender, recipient, subject and keywords in the body of the email
- Upload photos as attachments directly from camera or the photo gallery
- View and download attachments
- Insert emoticons and rich text formatting into emails
- Effectively manage and organize their Yahoo! Mail messages, folders and manage spam
- Toggle between the Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps with ease
The search widget, which is currently US only, allows you to place the widget on your homescreen like the Google Search widget which ships default on Android devices. One question we have is, who uses Yahoo to search anymore? Do you Yahoo? Let us know by commenting on this post.
You can read more about these applications by visiting Yahoo’s announcement on their Mobile Blog.